CaltechAUTHORS
  A Caltech Library Service

The cross section for the radiative capture of protons by C13 at 129 kev

Woodbury, Eric John and Fowler, William Alfred (1952) The cross section for the radiative capture of protons by C13 at 129 kev. Physical Review, 85 (1). pp. 51-57. ISSN 0031-899X. https://resolver.caltech.edu/CaltechAUTHORS:WOOpr52

[img]
Preview
PDF
See Usage Policy.

1MB

Use this Persistent URL to link to this item: https://resolver.caltech.edu/CaltechAUTHORS:WOOpr52

Abstract

The cross section for the capture of protons by C13 at 129 kilovolts is σ=5±1×10^-33 cm^2. This measurement was made possible through the use of a scintillation counter that had an over-all detection efficiency of 8.7 percent, and a pulsed ion source that had a peak proton current capability of one milliampere. A rough analysis of the radiation shows that 80 percent is due to the transition to the ground state of N14, while the exact nature of the remaining 20 percent was not determined.


Item Type:Article
Related URLs:
URLURL TypeDescription
https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRev.85.51DOIUNSPECIFIED
Additional Information:©1952 The American Physical Society. Received 27 September 1951. We wish to acknowledge the assistance of J.D. Seagrave and R.B. Day in operating the 3-Mev electrostatic generator for the fluorine calibration and other work done at higher energies. In addition we should like to thank the entire staff of the laboratory for the many suggestions and services that they rendered. This work was assisted by the joint program of the ONR and AEC.
Issue or Number:1
Record Number:CaltechAUTHORS:WOOpr52
Persistent URL:https://resolver.caltech.edu/CaltechAUTHORS:WOOpr52
Usage Policy:No commercial reproduction, distribution, display or performance rights in this work are provided.
ID Code:10331
Collection:CaltechAUTHORS
Deposited By: Tony Diaz
Deposited On:30 Apr 2008
Last Modified:03 Oct 2019 00:08

Repository Staff Only: item control page